9.17.2009

Procrastination....&& Promises

Ok. So, I'm definitely supposed to be studying for Ecology at this moment, but instead I'm making some promises. To you.  Well, to me really...

As of now, I shirk negativity.  I cast it off, delete from the hard drive, spurn it into nonexistence.

I will not speak ill of any other.  I will not use my breath spreading complaints of no import.  I will not soak in envy, jealousy; will not hold grudges.  I'm done with these poisonous feelings.  They have no place in my life.


In Old Testament, freshman year, my professor talked about something that's really stuck with me.  The Jews are a culture of responsibility, not guilt...obligation.  They live to improve God's world.  They are obliged to live everyday in a manner that "brings heaven to Earth." I want to live that way.


I'm not especially religious.  God's cool & amazing & awesome but a little too big & scary for me to spend much time contemplating.  I do feel that each person has the opportunity to either improve, destroy or leave untouched their small portion of the world.  I want to improve mine...


...Not so I can be remembered.  Not so I can live on through the lives I've improved.  Death is final whether people attend your funeral or tell stories about you after you're gone.  I want to improve my corner of the world because it's the right thing to do.  It's what nags me every night.  It's what I think of every morning.


Now, the options are limitless...
- recycle to save the earth
- donate money to a charity
- send strangers encouraging postcards
- become a damn good doctor & save lives
- fight for the under-represented
- give blood


Ideally, one would do every last item on the infinite list.  We don't live in an ideal world and I have other commitments that I apparently ignore in favor of writing a reader-less blog.  Point being: my contribution is positivity.  The lack of negativity and the universal application of happiness, sincerity, love, and optimism.  Maybe even some laughter to spice it up.


Want some warm & fuzzies?








Alrighty.


I'm actually going to study now :)






sending out the good vibrations.  you picking 'em up?
-bg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback Control is hard, but Commenting is easy! Leave Love!