1.11.2011

As Promised...The Dirty Photos....

As much as I regretted my promise to share photographic evidence of the house's current state, well, here it is:

Living Room

Florida Room aka Jer's Play Room

Dining Room (eventually lounge)

Porch

Breakfast Nook

Kitchen

Hall Bathroom

Office

Master Bedroom

Guest Bedroom aka Becky's Clothes Storage Facility

Hall Closet

Garage

It's hard to believe how quickly things can fall into absolute chaos.  Just over a year ago, the house was spotless (though admittedly, much of the clutter was hiding in closets and in the garage, and we didn't have a dog).  These pictures are pretty embarrassing, but I hope they motivate me to make real progress.

Speaking of progress, I filled two trash bags last night with junk from the office.  Mostly beer bottles (ahem, Jeremy) and wedding litter (that's all me).  As Jeremy says, "the house looks dirtier when it's clean" because now I can see the floor...and all of the animal hair that needs vacuuming.  Good thing that's my favorite chore!

So, are you brave enough to post photos of your home's clutter?  Perhaps just on a bliary your sure no one reads ;o)
Dr. Laurence J. Peter

bgt

3 comments:

  1. Becky, I feel your clutter pain. I do have a house full of clutter. One day it will be how I would like for it to be. And in my perfect idea of a perfect world, it will be a lot easier to keep it that way once it's de-cluttered.

    One of my coworkers told me about a website that was really helpful to her ... www.flylady.net. She gives you one thing you should do every day to a clutter-free household. Hope that helps you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my cousin shared that link with me today and I was going to talk about it in tomorrow's post. It seems like it's directed toward lifelong clutter accumulators, and it sends out upwards of 10 emails a day (the last thing I need is a more cluttered inbox!), so I took some good general tips from it, but I doubt I'll sign up.

    Thanks for being my first commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life really is better when there is a place for everything and everything is in it's place. It's easier to maintain, easier to find things and there is space to work on special projects. But once things follow the Chaos Theory, chaos takes over and is so much harder to fight than keeping order. Chaos rules at my house and is threatening to shove me right out the door. Like you I used to be a neatnick, boy do I miss it. My New Year's resolution is to pick up and/or carry out at least one box of stuff/day. Harder than I thought it would be. One good thing about moving around in the military, it forced me to sort out all my stuff and clean house at least every 3 years. I didn't realize until now how that was a benefit of my military service:)Good Luck, I'll be thinking of you as I box up my donations and get them out of my house!KT

    ReplyDelete

Feedback Control is hard, but Commenting is easy! Leave Love!